- Manifest Maker now supports Visual Studio 2022. Visual Studio 2022 integration...
Currently Manifest Maker also supports VS2017 and VS2019. Older versions are no longer supported.
- Manifest Maker now supports Windows 11. Currently Manifest Maker also supports Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Older versions of Windows are no longer supported. Support for Windows prior to Windows 10 will be phased out. We will generally follow Microsoft extended support end timelines: Windows 7, Windows 8.1.
- Manifest Maker versions prior to 6.0 are no longer supported. Versions 6 and newer are currently supported.
- We are now Maze Solutions LLC. All paid licenses are valid. All trial licenses continue to work until their end. All new licenses will be issued by Maze Solutions LLC. They will not work with Manifest Maker versions prior to 8.0. Please install the latest version of Manifest Maker.
- Default installation directory changed to "%programfiles%\Maze Solutions\Manifest Maker". Manifest Maker installation, Visual Studio integration and examples use the new default location. Any customer hardcoded paths need to be changed.
- Version 8.0 improves support for multiple concurrent builds. Concurrent Manifest Maker builds failed intermittently. This was particularly visible on build servers. Version 8.0 uses unique file names and interlocking for sections which need common system resources.
- Shared assembly manifest signing now uses sha256.
- Manifest Maker now supports Visual Studio 2019. Visual Studio 2019 integration...
- Manifest Maker now supports all current <windowsSettings ...>. Read more...
- Fixed bugs:
- Command line build option "/com:" did not silently change to "/clr:" as documented.
- Non-application manifest could contain application-only settings (compatibility, windowsSettings, trustInfo).
- DLL "ref" manifest did not contain references listed in the project file.
- 32-bit installation failed to initialize - fixed.
- Manifest Maker now supports Visual Studio 2017. Visual Studio 2017 integration...
- Installation detects each of the three editions of Visual Studio 2017 and allows individual selection.
- Starting with version 6.0 Manifest Maker no longer supports Windows XP or Windows Vista.
See Microsoft Windows XP statement and Microsoft Windows Vista statement.
- Fixed broken help links for Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio 2015 help...
- Manifest Maker now supports Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio 2015 integration...
- Manifest Maker now requires .Net 4.0 to build CLR manifests. No .Net runtime is required if CLR functionality is not used.
- Manifest Maker now includes new logic and "auto" option for CLR runtimeVersion attribute. Read more...
- Added Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 application flags. Read more...
- Changed application settings in manifest to satisfy Windows 8.1 compatibility testing. Read more...
- Improved detection of installed CLR runtime versions and added recommended version choices to the dialog. Read more...
- Updated help to include Windows 8.1 information.
- New option to choose dispatch-only proxy/stub for CLR classes for use with VB6. Read more...
- Visual Studio 2013 integration is now available. Read more...
- Visual Studio 2005/2008 integration is no longer supported.
- Updated help and examples.
- CLR manifests now include comInterfaceExternalProxyStub entries for interfaces listed in System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComSourceInterfacesAttribute attributes. Read more on ComSourceInterfacesAttribute class...
- Supported OS choices in manifest properties now include Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Manifest Maker did not run on Windows XP, corrected.
- Visual Studio 2012 integration is now available. Read more...
- Updated help and examples.
- Added new options to the Item / Settings dialog. Read more...
- Improved Save for Integration processing.
- Cleaned up help.
- Fixed minor bugs (truncated messages, wrong value saved in project, formatting, etc.)
- Visual Studio 2010 integration is now available. Read more...
- New command line build options. Read more...
- New item settings dialog. Read more...
- Application and DLL manifests can now be embedded automatically.
- Added elevated self-registration for COM DLLs - needed with VS2010 sp1.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Updated help.
- Free upgrade from version 2 and 3 - use the same license file.
Support for all builds of version 2 of Manifest Maker has been phased out as of April 30, 2010. Support for all builds of version 3 of Manifest Maker has been phased out as of January 1, 2018. Please upgrade to the latest version.